On 11/23/2011 01:32 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Csikos Bela<bcsikos...@freemail.hu>  wrote:
Hello:

I am using lyx 2.0.1 on openSUSE 11.2.
I have an openoffice odt document and I would like to copy text from it into lyx. For this I
select the text in openoffice writer, press ctrl+C, then I select the lyx window. First, the
lyx window responds very slowly, it takes several seconds until it shows the (already
entered) text. Second, I can not copy the text with ctrl+V: the info line shows that
"command disabled". Also in the edit menu most of the paste commands are grayed
out except for Paste Special ->  Selection and Selection, Join Lines.
There is no problem with pasting the selected text into a simple text editor.
Copy/paste from a simple text editor into lyx also works OK.

When I want to paste the the text into lyx from openoffice, the lyx console
window (if I start lyx in console window) gives the following message:

GuiClipboard.cpp(89): No timely response from clipboard, perhaps process
holding clipboard is frozen?

What Desktop Environment? What clipboard manager? There were some
similar, strange issues when using LyX under Xfce [1].
Liviu

[1] http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6780

In fairness to my new "desktop environment", xfce4, that bug does not seem to be particularly related to xfce4's clipboard-manager, but to other clipboard managers under other environments as well.

--

David L. Johnson

When you are up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember that
your initial objective was to drain the swamp.
                -- LBJ