On 2011-12-02, Steve Litt wrote:

> LyX plus eLyXer plus a few other tools can make the PERFECT PERFECT
> PERFECT authoring tool for flowable text eBooks (Kindle, iPad, etc).

The internal HTML output should be usable for eBook creation as well.

Any work on "eBook" modules and backands should be compatible with both
HTML writers.

> There needs to be a way to insert all info needed by Kindle into the
> LyX file, and having eLyXer or other similar executables do things like
> split out the chapters, split out the table of contents and index,
> make the .opf file and the .ncx file. It might require a special layout
> file -- I can create that. Or maybe just layout modules.

IMO, LyX (as open source software) should concentrate on supporting the
open ePub format. Generating of kindle (or other proprietary) eBook
formats would then pick up the relevant information from the ePub
document.

Splitting a document into several HTML files is non-trivial, as we need
to consider the cross-links. Maybe we can support a set of cross-linked
HTML from Master/Child documents?

Günter