On 02-Jan-12 9:23 pm, Richard Heck wrote:
On 01/01/2012 07:43 PM, Bogdan wrote:
Actually, I just discovered that the expansion of $$i is put at the
end of the actual command LyX launches no matter what I use for the
converter command, e.g. if the converter command is:

pdflatexna $$i 20 20

then LyX is actually executing:

pdflatexna 20 20 sheet.tex

Nasty :)

I don't see this. I have defined a Dummy format and a LyX --> Dummy
converter that does this:
dummy $$p $$i $$o 30 30
The dummy program just prints its arguments, so I get eg:
/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.T12123/lyx_tmpbuf2/
Customization.lyx
Customization.dum
30
30
I get the same output if I instead define a LaTeX --> Dummy converter,
so that we have to go through LaTeX to get to Dummy.

Richard

Are you using windows? If yes, try this:

- create format "foo" with short name "pdf7" and extension "pdf" and check all 3 checkboxes - create a converter Latex (pdflatex) -> foo with the command "pdflatexfoo $$i 20 20" and the extra flag "latex=pdflatex" - create a batch file pdflatexfoo.bat and place it in lyx\bin with the following contents:
@echo off
echo %* > c:\args.txt

save, make a change and then do "Update foo". If you look in c:\args.txt you'll see "20 20 file.tex"

I did exactly the above steps and that's what I see on Win7 x64 with latest stable LyX 2.0.2 which is consistent with my findings from yesterday.

Would you like me to submit any debug/conf files?

Bogdan.