On Wed, 1 Feb 2012, the wise Marco Beishuizen wrote:

Hi,

When trying to view a document in pdf I get:

Error: Cannot view file
File does not exist: /var/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.J57590/lyx_tmpbuf2/xxxxxxx.pdf

A process called pdfetex is started but just hits 100% cpu usage and nothing happens. I tried changing the tmp directory, reinstalled lyx, reinstalled tetex, deleted the .lyx directory in /home, but nothing works. The same thing happens when exporting to pdf or dvi.

I discovered that it has something to do with the Table Of Contents. When removed it works again, inserting it and it doesn't.

--
No spitting on the Bus!
Thank you, The Management.