On 09/02/2012 4:07 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I am trying now to understand better the math stuff of LyX by reading
Mathlyx in the help of LyX.

Trying to export Mathlyx to pdf I have downloaded the file (since it is
write protected).
For Mathlyx export it says:
To export this document to PDF, PS or DVI the LaTeX-packages braket,
cancel, eurosym, mathdots, mhchem and was should be installed.

I included those in the preamble, but get

! LaTeX Error: File `was.sty' not found.
Type X to quit or<RETURN>  to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>
l.182 ^^M
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

I am using texlife 2011

which has under

/tex/latex/was

as a directory

with the styles
fixmath gensymb icomma and upgreek

should there be in this directory also a was-style?
Is it missing in texlife 2011?
Or should I include the styles
fixmath gensymb icomma and upgreek
as usepackages in the preamble instead?

Wolfgang

Try compiling without adding anything to the preamble. To note simply states that these packages should be installed on your system. "was" is obviously installed, and it consists of the style files "fixmath", "gensymb", etc. as you have observed. One of these must be needed by the Math manual. But in fact you should not need to edit anything within that file in order to get it to compile. (if you do get compile errors, please report them of course!)

Cheers,
Julien