On 02/12/2012 11:20 AM, Ricardo wrote:
Hello.
I use lyx 1.6.7 and Debian GNU/Linux 6.0

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm not a lyx advanced user too.

I have no problem with the main document in lyx. I can use accents and see them in the output. I have problems with insert;file;child documents and some of the program listing options. Seems that accents and other symbols are a problem when try to get the pdf output.The child documents are saved UTF-8. Despite I browsed the web, and checked the listings package doc, tested some options like extendedchars=true, I can not get what I want. I would like to see the child document as it's saved, the same way if I edit it with a plain text editor, but I did not find the way to do it.
For example: I can not insert one word child document  "àéèíòóú"

I have defined Catalan as language in Lyx and unicode UTF-8 as codification. With this options, and the *verbatim listing* for child document, I can export to pdf the main document with child documents. OK, there are no complaints, I get "àéèíòóú" inside a box on the main document. But I would like to use the *program listing* option, because I need to breaklines for example. I have not found the way to do it. Lyx complains when generate the pdf file if I change form verbatim listing, to program listing (same stupid one word child document), despite any option I tested with listing parameters.

It's possible that LaTeX package doing the listings does not like UTF-8. I don't know. I'd suggest you look into the documentation for that package. It will help others to help you, too, if you could post a small set of example files that exhibit the problem.

Richard