Hello.
I use lyx 1.6.7 and Debian GNU/Linux 6.0

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm not a lyx advanced user too.

I have no problem with the main document in lyx. I can use accents and see
them in the output. I have problems with insert;file;child documents and
some of the program listing options. Seems that accents and other symbols
are a problem when try to get the pdf output.The child documents are saved
UTF-8. Despite I browsed the web, and checked the listings package doc,
tested some options like extendedchars=true,  I can not get what I want. I
would like to see the child document as it's saved, the same way if I edit
it with a plain text editor, but I did not find the way to do it.
For example: I can not insert one word child document  "àéèíòóú"

I have defined Catalan as language in Lyx and unicode UTF-8 as
codification. With this options, and the *verbatim listing* for child
document,  I can export to pdf the main document with child documents. OK,
there are  no complaints, I get "àéèíòóú" inside a box on the main
document.  But I would like to use the *program listing* option, because I
need to breaklines for example. I have not found the way to do it. Lyx
complains when generate the pdf file if I change form verbatim listing, to
program listing (same stupid one word child document), despite any option I
tested with listing parameters.

Thanks in advance and sorry about my bad English.