On 02/15/2012 11:29 AM, Guenter Milde wrote:
I've also committed to koma-script. I would like to modify the
\@maketitle command. I've located it in scrartcl.cls. Will be studying
it. Will undoubtedly be checking in here later about the changes I've
made, where to put them, and how to use them.
The KOMA classes are highly customizable. Please look at the
comprehensive documentation in scrguide.pdf (German) or scrguien.pdf
(English) for recommended ways to customize the title page(s) before
trying the hard way of modifying the maketitle...

Unfortunately, this particular bit does not appear to be customizable. You can change the size of the title font with \setkomafont{title}{...}, but you can't do this for authors, and there is no way to affect justification, unless it's possible to cancel the \centering command that is issued.

Richard