Ingar Pareliussen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a couple of hundred abstracts from a web form that
> produces simple LaTeX files. I have cat'ed them into one big LaTeX file
> and imported it to LyX. This works for the most part, but I have
> problem with \sindex that needs a option i [index_name] which is not
> recognized by LyX and therefor not put into ERT.
>
> I tried to get search replace it, but when LyX  search within ERT it uses
> all memory and even if it seems to do the right thing it has been working
> on the file for a couple of hours... (file is only 300k and the box has 4G
> of ram, so something seems to be amiss)

Please file a bug report if the file is not secret (or if you can easily
create a non-secret one).

> Is there some advice on how to do this more efficient? I could do it
> manually, but automated is better :)

Yes. You have two options:

1) Add the line

\sindex[]{translate} %splitidx.sty

to the file lib/syntax.default in your LyX installation, and import the file
again. This should produce correct ERT.

2) Get the current BRANCH_2_0_X from svn or wait for 2.0.4. This will create
real index insets for \sindex.

Georg