Am 07.03.2012 um 15:50 schrieb Indrek Tuula:

> Hi Again,
>
> I totally agreed aspell is better than hunspell. Especially if you working
> with some small language.

Why is aspell better than hunspell?
And what is a small language? :)

> I found following note from wiki:
>
> Note: Beginning with 2.0 support for the aspell command line program has been
> dropped. Although the aspell library (aspell 0.60.x) is still supported,
> Windows binaries are compiled without this feature.
>
> So if the library is still  supported. Is it mean user are able to switch  on
> aspel usage experience for windows environment somehow.?  Hopefully some wise
> developer could provide some hints and steps. (Y)

The change from 1.6 to 2.0 was to use shared libraries for spell checking
instead of external programs.
That means LyX uses .dll library code for that on windows.
The packager for windows has to make such thing for aspell or has to use some
.dll code from other sources.
For Unix-platforms there are precompiled shared libraries available.
For windows I don't know of any comparable.
Therefor aspell support is currently available on Unix only.

To get Aspell support on windows you have to build LyX on a system with an
Aspell developer environment.

Stephan