Stefano,
My appologies in being so late in getting back to you. I just finally got
around to dealing with this problem today (Saturday)

Your instructions for setting the path seem to have worked perfectly.

tex -v now gives me the correct version.

The only difference I found was that the path was
usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/i386-linux/

Now to figure out how to get tlmgr to work.

Thanks very much for the help.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at
http://www.inbox.com/smileys
Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk™ and most
webmails