On 2012-03-19, Gour wrote:

> We're considering which markup to use for writing user's manual for a
> multi-platform desktop application.

> It should produce nice HTML output which can be invoked from within
> application as 'help' file and it should be possible to generate
> hight-quality PDF output by importing it into LyX for final tweaking.

> We're considering two systems:

> a) AsciiDoc and

> b) reStructuredText/Sphinx

> and wonder which one would you recommend as more suitable for importing
> into Lyx?

> Let me say that, in general, I'm not fan of DocBook as authoring format,
> but believe that one can escape fiddling with it when using AsciiDoc and
> another thing is that the project will not be coded in Python (we'll use
> D).

I don't know AsciiDoc, but know that Sphinx is not only for Python projects
but also supports C and more.

LyX currently does not import any of the two formats directly.
However, I don't think it is necessary to use LyX at all. Rather I suggest
tweaking in the Sphinx configuration file (and possibly using raw LaTeX in
the source).

Günter