Hi

Following on from my previous questions on LaTex, the same file I have
now figured out how to add tables of contents and indexes,  which should
be handy when I want to do this in LyX too, as I will have a better idea
of what goes on underneath.

My qestion now is around over / underfull boxes,  the attached file (not
sure if I needed to include the graphics here) but it compiles fine,
only I get badbox errors on lines

27,underfull \hbox (badness 10,000) in paragraph
31,underfull \hbox (badness 10,000) in paragraph
31underfull \hbox (badness 10,000) in paragraph

I get an overfull \hox on line 62,  (10,20177pt too wide) in paragraph

I just wondered what has happened, as I said it compiles fine,  so
despite 10,000 being high up the scale on badness it seems happy with
something.

I have looked this up just can't see what is wrong with my text, as I
start other paragraphs in the same way any they don't give issues.

I take it there are other ways I should be presenting that list at the
end perhaps as a table would be better, or don't i need to have url then
what it is next to it,

thanks,

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111

\documentclass[11pt]{report}

\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{makeidx}
\makeindex

\begin{document}

\begin{center}
\bf A SIMPLE GEANY HOW TO\\
\end{center}

\begin{center}
By Paul Sutton\\
\end{center}

\begin{center}
March 2012\\
\end{center}
\newpage
\tableofcontents
\newpage
\subsection*{Introduction}
\addcontentsline{toc}{subsection}{Introduction}
\index{Introduction}
The following paragraph is taken directly from the Geany Website [1]\\Geany is a text editor using the GTK2 toolkit with basic features of an integrated development environment.It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE,which has only a few dependencies from other packages.It supports many filetypes and has some nice features.\\
\subsection*{Getting Started}
\addcontentsline{toc}{subsection}{Getting Started}
\index{Getting Started}%
If Geany is not already installed you need to go to the Ubuntu software
centre [2] and install it.  Or follow the instructions for your operating system
Once installed you can start the application from either the side bar
 (software centre may give you the option to add to sidebar so please scroll
down to see what other options are available).\\
\begin{figure}[h]
 \centering
 \includegraphics[width=318pt,height=147pt]{./geany1.png}
 % geany1.png: 1037x695 pixel, 72dpi, 36.58x24.52 cm, bb=0 0 1037 695
 \caption{Geany Editor}
\end{figure}
\pagebreak
To start:-\\
a new file use: \\
{\bf File - New} \\
To Start a new file but use a template for a specific programming language use: \\
{\bf File - New (from template)}  \\
You have quite a few options here, it is useful when programming however I would guess more experienced programmers won't bother,  if you
look Liams Raspberry Pi Tutorials [3] he starts out with a template than deletes most of it anyway and just leaves the part he needs for the code and the first
line which points to where the python program resides.
\begin{figure}[h]
 \centering
 \includegraphics[width=318pt,height=147pt]{./geany2a.png}
 % geany1.png: 1037x695 pixel, 72dpi, 36.58x24.52 cm, bb=0 0 1037 695
 \caption{Geany Editor with python template}
\end{figure}
{\bf Further Reading}\\
\begin{enumerate}
\item http://www.geany.org/ Geany website