Op 24-3-2012 11:02, Nicholas Martin schreef:
Dear Lyx Community

I'm currently using Lyx version 2.02 and am trying to create a text document (mainly in English) that also contains a few Chinese characters. However, having written my text, whenever I clicked on pdf viewer, the program said it "Could not find LaTeX command for character '整' (code point 0x548c) and suggested I selected utf8 [i.e., Unicode] in Document --> Settings --> Language --> Encoding and then try again. So I set Encoding to “Unicode (utf8)", but to no avail. I got exactly the same message. I then tried "Unicode (CJK) (utf8)" and successively all the different unicode settings, all without success. I also tried playing around with the various other settings under Document --> Language (i.e., setting Language to Chinese, choosing the different Language packages [default, automatic, always babel, custom, none]), but all without success. Any suggestion what I could do?

Many thanks!
Nicholas

Does this help you ?

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Chinese