Hi VIncent

Thanks for your reply:

> Does this help you ?
>
> http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Chinese
>
> Vincent

Unfortunately, that does not help. Indeed, the settings recommended on that
wiki.lyx page are precisely what I tried, without success (see discussion in
previous email).

I am under the impression that in Lyx 2.02, the CJK packages are already
installed. Do I need to write some code *somewhere* to activate/begin using
them? If so, where? (e.g. Under Documents --> LaTex Preamble?) Or do I indeed
first need to download them from somewhere?

Thanks

On Mar 24, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

> Op 24-3-2012 11:02, Nicholas Martin schreef:
>>

>> I'm currently using Lyx version 2.02 and am trying to create a text document
>> (mainly in English) that also contains a few Chinese characters. However,
>> having written my text, whenever I clicked on pdf viewer, the program said
>> it "Could not find LaTeX command for character '整' (code point 0x548c) and
>> suggested I selected utf8 [i.e., Unicode] in Document --> Settings -->
>> Language --> Encoding and then try again. So I set Encoding to “Unicode
>> (utf8)", but to no avail. I got exactly the same message. I then tried
>> "Unicode (CJK) (utf8)" and successively all the different unicode settings,
>> all without success. I also tried playing around with the various other
>> settings under Document --> Language (i.e., setting Language to Chinese,
>> choosing the different Language packages [default, automatic, always babel,
>> custom, none]), but all without success. Any suggestion what I could do?
>>
>> Many thanks!
>> Nicholas

---
Nicholas Martin