On 04/03/2012 02:47 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
(responding to single discussion item...)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, Richard Heck wrote:

5) My footnotes work with the xhtml ... when I hover over them they
popup. But these hover style footnotes don't work in the calibre viewer.
The document shows the small underlined number but clicking or hovering
on it does nothing.

The xhtml has:

div.foot:hover div.foot_inner {
display: block;
border: 1px double black;
margin: 0em 1em;
padding: 1em;
}

This was missing from the epub stylesheet.

I think the epub and mobi don't support hovering footnotes.

This can be easily customized, and maybe we should just make a module for it.
Do something like this in your LyX file, under Document>  Settings>  Local
Layout:

Format 31

InsetLayout Foot
     HTMLStyle
         ....now put here whatever CSS you'd like to shape the footnotes...
     EndHTMLStyle
End

At some point, we'll also provide the possibility to export footnotes as
endnotes instead. There's some code for this already, in fact, but I have been
too busy to finish it.
Thank you.

I set it to:

InsetLayout Foot
     HTMLStyle
         span.foot_label {
vertical-align: super;
font-size: smaller;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: underline;
}
div.foot {
display: inline;
font-size: small;
font-weight: medium;
font-family: serif;
font-variant: normal;
font-style: normal;
}
div.foot_inner { font-size: small; text-indent: 0em; margin-right: 15mm;
margin-left: 15mm; margin-top: 5pt; margin-bottom: 5pt; }
     EndHTMLStyle
End

And that worked for me for the XHTML and my epub and mobi files.

Good. I tried hard to make this easily customizable.

(By the way, the \newcommand junk left in my XHTML file as mentioned in
previous email caused calibre to not recognize my footnotes and
converted foot to standard, footlabel to flexurl and footinner to
standard. Once I manually removed that line from the XHTML file, then it
worked.)

I'll try to figure out why that was there.

By the way, my lyx file doesn't seem to have any way to remove the
"Local Layout". Even if I clear it, press validate and click ok, then go
back to settings it is there again.

I thought I'd fixed that. Fixed now.

Richard