On 23/04/2012 9:54 AM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 04/23/2012 09:38 AM, John Enright wrote:
Since upgrading to 2.0.3, Many of my files will not open. I get an
error message
during the open operation saying:

C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Temp\lyx_tmpdir.p10476
\Buffer_convertLyxFormat.hXXXX is not a readable LyX document.

Sounds like some sort of lyx2lyx conversion error. If you can run LyX
from a terminal, you should get more error messages, though that won't
solve the problem by itself. So, alternatively, try posting one of the
problematic files here, or sending it to me privately, if you prefer,
and we can try to figure it out.

Richard

Is there some magic to get the debug output from the command line? I run:

lyx -dbg

or

lyx -dbg graphics

and get no additional output. Is this logged to a file somewhere?

BTW, I have verified that I can make the problem disappear by rolling back to 2.0.2 (well, uninstalling 2.0.3, and then installing 2.0.2).

John