On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM, stefano franchi
<stefano.fran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Rainer M Krug <r.m.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using ALT-p shortcut to set the paragraph style quite a lot, but I am
>> wondering if there is a
>> list of stypes which are applied by the shortcuts? I have figured out a few,
>> but a list would be
>> very nice. At the moment I am using mainly ALT-p - space.
>>
>> Any suggestions where I can find these shortcuts?
>
> Rainer,
>
> I don't know if such a list in the docs, but you can find out the most
> common shortcut easily (that's what I did) by looking at the options
> that lyx shows in the minibuffer after you hit Alt-p. You'll see
> something like:

> That gives you a hint:
> hitting Alt-P n formats the paragraph to level n (part, chapter, section, etc)
>
> hitting Alt-P * n formats the paragraph to the starred level n
>
> hitting Alt-P T gives title, Alt-P A abstract and Alt-P shift-A the
> author, E is enumerate and I is itemize, and so forth. A little trial
> and error goes a long way.
> This is the top-down approach
>
> Alternatively, you can work bottom-up:
> Every time you select a layout, the minibuffer will show the
> corresponding short cut (if one exists).
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Stefano
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rainer
>>
>> - --
>> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology,
>> UCT), Dipl. Phys.
>> (Germany)
>>
>> Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
>> Stellenbosch University
>> South Africa
>>
>> Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
>> Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
>> Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
>>
>> Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
>>
>> email:      rai...@krugs.de
>>
>> Skype:      RMkrug
>

> --
> Stefano Franchi
> Associate Research Professor
> Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
> Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
> College Station, Texas, USA
>
> stef...@tamu.edu
> http://stefano.cleinias.org

You can go to Tools > Preferences > Editing > Shortcuts.
In the "Show key-bindings containing:" text field, put "alt+p" for example.

I wonder if a checkbox "only show functions with shortcuts" would be
useful for the case that you don't have anything in mind but you just
want to see what shortcuts exist. That might make it easier to learn
the shortcuts from this dialog without having to look at the bind
file.

Scott