On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Gustavo Goretkin
<gustavo.goret...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this error started occurring after I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04. When
> I run LyX from the command line I see the following:
>
> lyx: error while loading shared libraries: libhunspell-1.2.so.0: cannot open
>
> When I try to install this package:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install libhunspell-1.2-0
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package libhunspell-1.2-0 is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'libhunspell-1.2-0' has no installation candidate
>
> What's the solution in Ubuntu 12.04?

You might want to install the latest Ubuntu version through the PPA.
That should take care of all of the dependencies automatically. Liviu
and Rob have a PPA set up with the latest stable and unstable builds:
https://launchpad.net/~lyx-devel/+archive/daily
Ask if you need more instructions.

Scott