On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:14:58 -0600
Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com> wrote:

> That's what I want.  I think it's quite doable if we have a consistent
> XML representation of LyX that can be converted in both directions.
> That's because there are nice XML diff algorithms.  LyX already
> supports conversions to XHTML that are reasonably faithful (more on
> that some other time), but there's no XML->LyX converter.

I read the whole thread and http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8440 looks
interesting.

After deciding to use LyX as the tool for writing manual for software
application which will be kept under DVCS (not git, but most probably
Fossil), I just wonder what are your experiences with different diff
tools?

In one blog post, I saw that Emacs' ediff was much better thant e.g
KDiff, Vim's diff...
(http://rvb.mytanet.de/comparing-latex-files-with-latexdiff.shtml)
but considering that so far I only keep my own docs under DVCS, I'm
interested what one can expect when diff-ing LyX documents in order to
try to provide merge of changes?

I also wonder whether XML-based format would be better than the present
one in such scenario?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities,
one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without