On 01/05/2013 02:02 PM, Guy Rutenberg wrote:
Hi All,

I've encountered a strange behavior and wanted to see if anyone else expriences it before opening a bug report.

Every time I try to view a document [Ctrl+R] lyx uses xdg-open to open my default pdf viewer (in my case evince). However, even after I close the evince window, lyx seems to leave the xdg-process as a zombie process.

These zombie processes pile up every time you view a document. Apart from this, this doesn't seem to have any side-effects.

I guess it should be easy to fix (I can probably even attempt to patch it myself).

This should be reported to the Ubuntu people. They include a patch that uses xdg-open for this kind of purpose. The LyX sources do not include that patch, for other reasons.

I'm currently using LyX 2.0.2 on Ubuntu 12.04. I'm currently having problems verifying this on a recent git version of lyx, bu I'll try to do so soon.

Probaby for the reason just given.

rh