Please see the NEWS for knitr 1.0 (now 1.0.5):
https://github.com/yihui/knitr/blob/master/NEWS.md#changes-in-knitr-version-10
Sweave2knitr() is a function in knitr instead of an executable in your
Ubuntu system: http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/sweave/

In your case, the chunk options "height=4cm, width=4cm" are invalid;
please read the documentation for chunk options:
http://yihui.name/knitr/options On one hand, there are no options
called height and width (only fig.height/fig.width or
out.height/out.width); on the other, 4cm is not a valid R object.

To René Mayer: you also had problems after upgrading knitr, but you
did not show me examples, so I have to guess - maybe you had some
non-ASCII characters in your document, and knitr 1.0 added encoding
support; I have submitted a patch to LyX accordingly:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8504 For now, you can download the new
lyxknitr.R from
https://raw.github.com/yihui/lyx/master/scripts/lyxknitr.R and put it
under ~/lyx/scripts/. After LyX 2.0.6 is out, you will not need it.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyi...@gmail.com>