________________________________
 From: David L. Johnson <david.john...@lehigh.edu>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 11:06:00 AM
Subject: Re: kitr problem after R update.

On 02/18/2013 10:53 AM, John Kane wrote:
That's what I was thinking last night after I had closed down the computer.  It
does seem rather weird when almost no one uses Imperial measurements any more.
Legacy issue I suppose?

Nobody?  Nobody except your neighbors to the South.  Not that we
    call them "Imperial", that would be almost as un-American as using
    the Godless metric system (yes, that really is what many people here
    called it when there was an abortive effort to convert, many years
    ago).

Well there are a few misguided souls around still and I still have cook books
in Imperial.  -- What do Americans call their  system anyway?

It is always a pleasure to try and figure out if a gallon is Imperial (≈ 4.5 l
or US (≈ 3.8 l)

--  David L. Johnson Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President
should on
no account be allowed to do the job.   -- Douglas Adams