Hi Cecile,

I have also had problems with Miktex not installing missing packages properly, see my post where I comment on a solution that fixed it for me. ymmv

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg94623.html

Steve

On 25/02/13 09:05, Cecile Danilo wrote:
I downloaded LyX-2.0.5.1-Bundle-4.exe from http://www.lyx.org/Download and I have windows 7. When I install Lyx, Miktex asks me if I want to install missing packages on the fly, of course I click "Yes". It doesn t tell me anything about amsthm.sty and later Miktex aks me if i want to update it. The first time I said yes.

While searching on the web how to install amsthm, I found that I was not the only one to have a problem with the amsthm! (http://latex-community.org/home/news/46-news-latex-distributions/469-miktex-amsmath) I reinstall lyx and this time I refuse the update of Miktex and ... now it works!! The only annoying thing is that Miktex keeps asking me if I let it modify my computer when I want to create the pdf...

Cecile

-----Message d'origine----- From: Stephan Witt
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:28 PM
To: Cecile Danilo
Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: from mac to windows

Am 24.02.2013 um 18:59 schrieb Cecile Danilo <cecile_dan...@yahoo.fr>:

I downloaded amscls2 and amsmath2 from http://www.ams.org/publications/authors/tex/amslatex but since the installation seems quite complicated for me I tryed to uninstall MikTex which I couldn t because the directory wasn t empty??? My question is : should I remove directly Miktex? will that uninstall it?

How did you install LyX (and MikTeX)?

AFAIK the LyX installer for Windows tries hard to assist you to install the required packages.

How did you manage to get asked from MikTeX to install the amsthm.sty package and later it's missing? I'm not a MikTeX user, but either you are a LaTeX package manager like MikTeX or you have to add missing packages manually. You should avoid to mix these or you should know what you're doing.

You didn't say anything about your Windows version, or did I miss it?

Regards,
Stephan

-----Message d'origine----- From: Scott Kostyshak