PhilipPirrip <p...@net.hr> írta:

>> I have problem with table centering and aligning to the right.
>
>You set the width of the right aligned table to 80% of the line width.

Text width to be accurate. I want it to be like that.

>LaTeX probably calculates the position of your table with respect to
>this size. Table is, however, rendered to accommodate the whole text in
>each of the cells, and turns out bigger.

I can't understand this. Could explain it, please? Possibly by giving example?
Furthemore this does not explain why the table looks correct when left aligned.

>Solution: let LaTeX control the size of the table automatically.

This is not solution, this is an ugly workaround. I set that width on purpose
since I want
more distance between columns than default.

This behavior seems like result of serious bug.
The width of table can be specified to fixed value. It would be nonsense
if giving this option resulted wrong table layout/placement.

bcsikos