On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org <mailto:rgh...@lyx.org>> wrote:

    On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
    Hi,

    I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1 <http://2.0.5.1>:
    using enumitem in an included file inside another does not appear
    to work.

    For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
    http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another file
    of the same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

    When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the PDF
    without a problem. When this file is included in another LyX file
    (also of class "article", with the enumitem module loaded), a
    bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

    "Missing \endcsname inserted.
    Extra \endcsname."

    I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is there
    a workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

    You have to load the enumitem module in the master document. If
    it's only in the child, the master does not see it.

    rh

I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the enumitem module. I then included in that master file the child document. As soon as I removed the enumitem module from the child, LyX gave me four "Layout not found" errors, specifically relating to the enumitem-resume layout. The PDF then builds, but (a) includes a page break before the child document, and (b) does not actually use any of the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are stock-standard.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the module in the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited by children. There is a reason for this (the fact that what is a child can also be used not as a child), although I agree that it is counter-intuitive.

Richard