On 05/01/2013 11:28 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Jerry <lancebo...@qwest.net> wrote:

A while back I spent a lot of time evaluating the various  ways to convert LyX
to .odt or .docx and found that none of them work well.
You seemed more impressed a few months ago :)
"Mostly successful experiment: LyX -> LaTeX -> Word using pandoc"
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/76375

But I imagine that sometimes "mostly" successful is still a failure if
a few key features are missing.

Note that Pandoc support in LyX seems like it's just waiting for
someone to make a patch:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6042

The main question is simply what format conversions we want to support out of the box. Writing the configure.py stuff is otherwise trivial.

Richard

Scott