Hi!

I am having issues with lyx. Since an upgrade of my Ubuntu machine to
13.04, I am unable to view files. No files can be viewed. After pressing
view, the program just stalls. The output log is just (after pressing
"new document" and just writing "test"):

"
Running: pdflatex "newfile1.tex" > /dev/null
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012/Debian)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./newfile1.tex
LaTeX2e <2011/06/27>
Babel <v3.8m> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang,
noyphenation, loaded.

"

Nothing happens, but the rotating progress indicator in the lyx window
is animating. After a while, Lyx asks if I want to stop the process, and
then I get the following messages:

"support/Systemcall.cpp (265): Systemcall: 'pdflatex "newfile1.tex"' did
not finish!
support/Systemcall.cpp (266): error The process timed out. It might be
restarted automatically.
support/Systemcall.cpp (267): status The process exited normally."

I have tried purging and reinstalling texlive* and lyx. I have tried
running pdflatex directly from the command line, and this works and
completes more or less instantly, producing a pdf. However, Lyx is
unable to view any type of format.

Any help from the list would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rasmus