Hi, thanks for helping,

Le jeudi 27 juin 2013 à 10:27 +0200, Hugo Hinterberger a écrit :
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:03:48 +0200, Daniel CLEMENT <dcleme...@laposte.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Hence my question: isn't there a 'lighter" way to test newpxmath,
> > without fully moving to TL2013?
>
> Hi,
>
> You can go to the TeX catalogue e. g. [1] and download the newpx package
> (contains newpxmath.sty). The catalogue entry states that "For proper
> operation, the packages require that the packages newtxmath and pxfonts be
> installed and their map files enabled."
> The packages should consist of a zipped TeX Directory Structure (TDS) that
> you can extract to your local TDS (texmf-var) or your personal TDS
> (~/texmf).

I think I could manage that :-)

> After installing a package in the a TDS you have to run texhash so that
> TeX and its variants can find the newly installed package. Since we are
> talking about a font package I would run the other maintenance utilities
> too: 'updmap-sys', 'fmtutil-sys --all'.

Hmm... fmtutil-sys is present on my system, but not udmap!? (I have
TeXlive 2012 from the Debian repositories, which got installed along
with LyX.)

> You can run the maintenance utilities from the TeX Live Manager menu
> 'Actions':
> 1. Update filename database
> 2. Update font map database
> 3. Rebuild all formats

Even stranger, I have no tlmgr either. I can't locate udmap or tlmgr in
my Debian package manager (Synaptic). Is there a way to do this update
job from within LyX, or do I have to go down to the TeX utilities?

> My Tex Live Manager 2012 shows the newpx package, but this could be
> because I have installed TeX Live 2013 in parallel. It could be possible
> to install the newpx package via TeX Live Manager 2012.

I'd be reluctant to try this on my Debian system. I could
"cherry-pick" (as they say) the TL2013 packages from the, say, unstable
or experimental repos., but that would mean _updating_ the whole TeXLive
system. I have read somewhere that it was not recommended, because the
directory structure has changed. I don't want to compromise a working
install!

> Kind regards,
> Hugo
>

> [1] http://mirror.unl.edu/ctan/help/Catalogue/entries/newpx.html