Thanks, Scott,

After locale -a, I run

dawkins:~ alexandre$ LANG=en_US lyx
-bash: lyx: command not found

Have no idea how to call LyX on terminal. It was a drag'n'drop install.

Em Mon Jul 22 05:15:58 2013, Scott Kostyshak escreveu:
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Alexandre de S. Thiago Lemke
<alexandre.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm a new LyX user and I am having a little problem: my system is in
Brazilian Portuguese, but I want LyX to be in English.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.4 and LyX 2.0.6.

Language configuration (Configuração de Língua) does not work. Everything I
found on Google is for old version or Windows and Linux.

I don't want to change dictionary or anything like that, all my documents
are in BP.

Hi Alexandre,

The following works for me on Ubuntu (I think it should work on Mac).
Run the command
   locale -a
Then locate the language-country combination you want (for me, it
shows as 'en_US.utf8' in the output), and then run the following
command:
   LANG=en_US.utf8 lyx

Best,

Scott