Am 22.07.2013 um 22:59 schrieb Alexandre de S. Thiago Lemke
<alexandre.le...@gmail.com>:

> Em Mon Jul 22 13:40:14 2013, Stephan Witt escreveu:
>>
>> Am 22.07.2013 um 11:12 schrieb Alexandre de S Thiago Lemke
>> <alexandre.le...@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> I got it.
>>>
>>> I went to ~/Application/Lyx.app/Contents/MacOS/
>>>
>>> and run
>>>
>>> LANG=en_US ./lyx
>>>
>>> and worked :]
>>>
>>> I have to do it every time I launch it, but is good enough.
>>

>> This shouldn't be necessary.
>> You have two different types of language:
>>
>> 1) The interface language
>> You change this within the preferences.
>> Like every other Mac application you reach it with Command+,
>> There it's in Language Settings.
>>
>> 2) The document language
>> This is the language for text formatting and spell checking.
>> A document doesn't have to be written mono-lingual. You may
>> assign parts of it a different language. The language passed
>> to the spell checker corresponds to the text language.
>> To make a language the default document language create an
>> empty document, change the document language to your favorite
>> one and save this as document defaults.
>>
>> The LyX application for Mac comes with all languages we have
>> dictionaries and translations for.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stephan
>>
> How can I reach it? Shortcut is incomplete.

You can reach the global preferences panel with:
Press and hold Command (Cmd) key and then comma (,)

What do you think is incomplete?
I tried this with brazilian keyboard and it worked.

The change of GUI language has to be saved,
the apply button doesn't work in this case.

I tried it with portuguese language environment for
a test user. I changed the GUI language to "inglés",
saved it, restarted LyX and got the english interface.
I doubt that there is any difference between "inglés"
and "inglés (UK)" for the GUI, but this is better
than nothing. :)

Regards,
Stephan