On 8 August 2013 17:51, Rainer M Krug <rai...@krugs.de> wrote:
> Just one word of caution: if you can see the text on screen, you can
> extract it by taking a screenshot and using ocr (optical character
> recognition) and nothing will stop you. So this just makes it slightly
> more difficult to get the text.

What's more, if I'm not wrong, encryption depends on the reader having
support, so you can effectively render encryption useless by using a
very old reader and PDF format. Even GhostScript lets you bypass
encryption, though not intentionally.

It's really all about preventing frequent abuse of documents by lay
people. Someone with the intent _will_ get your text somehow or
another. There are many tools that person could employ.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1