On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:23:10 -0700
Bob Alvarez <cobol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently had a paper accepted by an American Institute of Physics
> journal. The paper was reviewed from pdf documents created by Lyx but
> now the AIP emails: "Please upload your article file as a Word or Tex
> file. AIP production cannot use a PDF as the article source file." I
> assume they want to reformat the article for the standard of the
> journal.

Bob,

If they really mean TeX, as opposed to LaTeX, then I don't think LyX
can do that. LyX produces LaTeX, not TeX.

If LaTeX is acceptable, then I think it's as simple as:

lyx --export latex

I know there's also a way to do it from LyX's menu system, but I don't
have it open right now. I think it's File->Export.

SteveT