Using LyX 2.0.5.1, memoir class, I'm trying to write a document in English
that has Japanese test in it as well. Whenever I try to run it, I get
"Error: Unicode char \u8:xxx---not set up for use with LaTex." I don't want
to write the doc in Japanese, just want to put a little Japanese in my
English doc. There must be a way to do this!

Richard Opheim
Skype name: richard.opheim

Self-publishing Consultant
Editing---Layout---Musical Scores---Images---Ebooks

https://sites.google.com/site/opheimrichard/home
<https://sites.google.com/site/opheimrichard/home>

blog:
http://foliocirculaire.blogspot.com

"If, instead of welcoming criticism and inquiry, the admirers of a great
author accept his writings as authoritative, both in their excellences and
in their defects, the most serious injury is done to truth. In matters of
philosophy and science, authority has ever been the great opponent of
truth. A despotic calm is usually the triumph of error. In the republic of
the sciences, sedition and even anarchy are beneficial in the long run to
the greatest happiness of the greatest number."

W.S. Jevons, Theory of Political Economy, 1871, pp. 275-6.