On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Miguel Negrão
<miguel.negrao-li...@friendlyvirus.org> wrote:
> Hi Stepha,
>
> Em 29-10-2013 14:56, Stephan Witt escreveu:
>>
>> No, I cannot reproduce it with LyX 2.0.5 on Mac OS X.
>
> Ubuntu 13.10 runs Lyx 2.0.6-1.
>
>> Did you install any language package/option for your LaTeX engine?
>
> Ok, that was it, the texlive-lang-portuguese package was missing. After
> installing it, everything is working again.
>

> Still, something happened, because before lyx was working fine, and
> after the upgrade it stopped working, so perhaps the tex that was
> shipping before was different, or the language pack was not re-installed
> automatically, or something else...

You mean something is still not working in LyX? What? If you mean that
LyX stopped working after the upgrade because texlive-lang-portuguese
is missing, this is an incorrect statement. LyX is a frontend to LaTeX
and not a TeX Live package manager. I don't mean to be pedantic, but
it really does help to understand the difference. apt is what manages
package dependencies. The package 'lyx' depends on the package
'texlive'. So when you install 'lyx', 'texlive' is installed as well.
'texlive' does not necessarily install texlive-lang-portuguese. I
don't know how Ubuntu upgrades work because I always do a fresh
install and I recommend that others do as well.

I hope everything's working well now,

Scott