On 21/11/2013 10:03 a.m., Liviu Andronic wrote:
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Andrew Parsloe <apars...@clear.net.nz> wrote:
Riding my particular hobby horses, generating a randomized selection looks
like a candidate for a python script after the fashion envisaged in the pLyX
system (http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/Examples).

Bad keybinding...

I was wondering, now that you're in midst of refactoring pLyX scripts,
whether you could easily come up with a Python script that could
achieve such randomized selection? Unfortunately my knowledge of
Python tends to zero, so I cannot quite hope to do this myself. I
don't actually need it now, but I'm curious if this can be done.

Please let me know,
Liviu

Since it is possible to sort a list, it should be straightforward. I shall put it on my to-do list (which has a very random component to its ordering).

Andrew