On 21/11/2013 8:54 p.m., Andrew Parsloe wrote:
On 21/11/2013 10:03 a.m., Liviu Andronic wrote:
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Andrew Parsloe
<apars...@clear.net.nz> wrote:
Riding my particular hobby horses, generating a randomized selection
looks
like a candidate for a python script after the fashion envisaged in
the pLyX
system (http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/Examples).

Bad keybinding...

I was wondering, now that you're in midst of refactoring pLyX scripts,
whether you could easily come up with a Python script that could
achieve such randomized selection? Unfortunately my knowledge of
Python tends to zero, so I cannot quite hope to do this myself. I
don't actually need it now, but I'm curious if this can be done.

Please let me know,
Liviu

Since it is possible to sort a list, it should be straightforward. I
shall put it on my to-do list (which has a very random component to its
ordering).

Andrew

In fact, now done as part of the pLyX system using the list sorting script. If your questionnaire is in the form of a two-level list, questions at the top level, multi-choice answers at the sub-level, then, in the pLyX way, placing a ".sort list" custom inset just before the list with the sort specification "2r" in it ("2" for the sub-level, "r" for random) and clicking the pLyX buttons will randomise each sub-level list of potential answers. If the list had some sub-sub-level multi-choice answers, the sort spec. "2r3r" would do the trick. I'll try to update the documentation today and get it to you, Liviu, for the Dropbox repository later today.

Andrew