Hello,
I use Lyx to write novels and factual books (some of which contain photos).
I have a query regarding the use of child documents and a master document.

What characteristics of the master document are given to a child document
associated with it? For example, is the document class, font, margin
settings of the master document given to a new child document that is
associated with the master document? I am creating a new document for a
chapter but if the document class, margins and font settings are not
explicitly set in each of the child documents then, it seems that Lyx (2.0.6
and 2.1.0) complains and warns that a different document class is set and
offers no warnings about differences in font or margin settings. Consistency
throughout the book is important for me.

Am I missing something? I would appreciate any help with this - I publish
frequently and, like using Lyx. I also recommend it to fellow authors via
createspace, smashwords etc. So, would appreciate getting this right.

Many thanks,
Ben