I am trying to convince a Mac-only colleague to use LyX on a common
project. She resists installing TeX on her system, for a number of reasons.

But she won't need to typeset anything---I'll be in charge of that---and
will only use LyX to edit jointly produced file.

A LyX-only installation would suit her needs perfectly. But I can't figure
out from the lyx.org page if this is possible at all. The page says:

"LyX for Mac OS X is available here:
LyX-2.0.7+qt4.dmg<ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/2.0.7/LyX-2.0.7+qt4.dmg>.
Before you install LyX you need to install a TeX system such as
MacTeX<http://www.tug.org/mactex/>.
"

Is that requirement enforced? I don't have a Mac at my disposal to try it
out.

Best,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org