On 02/03/2014 11:36 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
On Mon, 03 Feb 2014 10:05:57 -0500
Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:

On 02/03/2014 01:53 AM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
Dear Steve and Alex,

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Steve Litt
<sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:33:02 +0100
Alex Fernandez <ely...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, if the preceding paragraph doesn't convince
us we need a good, solid, LyX to ePub and LyX to Mobi conversion
Last year we actually had a GSoC project specifically dealing with
ePub. Josh and Richard made progress on this front, and the code
simply awaits someone with the motivation and the skills to finish
the job. The almost finished feature is available in several GIT
branches here: http://git.lyx.org/?p=gsoc.git;a=summary .
Actually, mostly what this awaits is the release of 2.1, since the
main work left is to integrate this into trunk. There are still bugs
to be fixed, of course, in the underlying XHTML export routines, but
that's always true. Most of the ones Steve mentioned earlier have
already been fixed.

Richard
The instant 2.1 comes out, I'll compile it separate from my
Ubuntu-provided LyX, and try it out.

Sorry, to be clear: The ePub stuff will not be in 2.1. It came too late for that. It will go into trunk shortly after 2.1 and be in 2.2, which we expect to follow 2.1 much more quickly than usual.

Richard

Thanks,

SteveT