On 02/07/2014 11:10 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 7 Feb 2014, Richard Heck wrote:

(ii) Insert> Citation, and select add all the entries you want to this single inset.
(iii) Set citation style to "Add to bibliography only".

Richard,

  I'm getting an 'undefined control sequence' with even a single entry:

...otect\astroncite{Albert}{2007}]{Albert2007}

The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., hobx'), type     ' and the correct
spelling (e.g.,     \hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

  I can provide the full error log if that helps.

The entry shows 'Albert2007 (not cited)' and the bibliography content is
set to 'all references' and 'add bibliography to TOC'. I must have some
option mis-set.

In the BibTeX inset, you should have chosen a style. What did you choose?
This looks like astron.bst? If so, then I think you have to load astron.sty
manually in the preamble. (LyX doesn't know about those sorts of
requirements of style files.)

Richard