Hi,

I just upgraded to 2.0.7 from 2.0.6. When I press Ctrl-R (the shortcut for
View->View [PDF (pdflatex)]) my document no longer appears. Previously the
document would appear in Adobe Reader but now nothing.

Possibly relevant details: Windows 8 x64; MiKTeX (fully up to date); Adobe
Reader XI (11.0.06).

After pressing Ctrl-R I see that the usual pair of AcroRd32.exe processes
start up (two is normal, one sees to communicate with the other and runs
this way even when I open Reader manually). However, the Reader window does
not open. There is also no filename passed on the command line to Reader
according to Windows 8 Task Manager. How is Lyx communicating with Reader?
If it's via the command line then why is no filename passed and why doesn't
the Reader window open, even if empty? Or maybe Lyx uses DDE, or some other
interprocess communication?

I can still export using pdflatex -- the PDF is produced and opens in
Reader just fine.

I also just updated MiKTeX but only the 3-4 most recently updated packages
were upgraded so I don't think MiKTeX is the cause. Besides I can export
fine. Adobe Reader has not been updated recently.

I tried following the instructions at [1] but this seemed to make the
situation worse. The document still didn't appear but now the AcroRd32.exe
processes didn't start either! I've reverted those settings changes.

Does anybody know if this is a regression in Lyx 2.0.7, and/or is there
something I can do to get the view function working once again?

Thanks,
Daniel

[1] http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10855