On 13/02/2014 6:19 a.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Daniel Renshaw <pantech...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Scott,

I've installed SumatraPDF and, after changing the default viewer for PDFs in
Windows, it opens fine on "view".

Task Manager shows that the filename is passed on the command line when
using SumatraPDF.

So, somehow, the behaviour of Lyx when "pdfview" is selected in the pdflatex
file format, and Adobe Reader is the default viewer in Windows, has changed
between 2.0.6 and 2.07, such that it no longer works in the latter.

Thanks for testing that out Daniel and for the feedback. We only have
a couple developers on Windows and they have a long list of things to
check out but maybe they will get to this.

I now think I'll be sticking with SumatraPDF even if Lyx fixes its
integration with Adobe Reader.

It's good you like it. Even if this issue is resolved, there are other
issues with LyX + Adobe Reader that SumatraPDF does not seem to have
so that will probably work out well.

Best,

Scott

I have LyX 2.0.7 working successfully on 64-bit Windows 7. Adobe Reader opens without problems when I use the default View button in LyX, but this is Adobe Reader 9.5.5. Under File Formats, for PDF (pdflatex) the three check boxes are set, and the other settings working down screen are: pdf2, pdf, F, None, pdfview. The Copier slot is empty and at the bottom under Default Output Format, PDF (pdflatex).

Andrew

---
is active.