Hi all,

Stefano was gracious enough to look at my LyX file directly. He discerned after a good bit of discovery that the problem was two lines in the TeX preamble:

\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage{english}

To remove them, I had to go to Tools→Preferences→Language Settings→Language. I wiped the Command start field and changed the language package to None. Apparently polyglossia and biblatex don't work together, but according to this post ( http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/119682/how-to-use-polyglossia-with-biblatex), the development version of biblatex will fix this problem.

Once that was done, I needed to go to

\usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true,backend=biber]{biblatex}

and delete ,backend=biber in order to get the bibliography to display.

Thanks again to Stefano!

--Jason