As far as I can tell, the biblatex problems were caused by the conflicting
TeXLive installations, as well as a conflict between biblatex and
polyglossia. The ERT problems were due to font-internal deficiencies
(lacking small caps) and a misreading of the package documentation.

--Jason

--
Jason F. Siegel
Ph.D. Candidate