On Wednesday 19 March 2014 16:33:30 William Seager wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 15:47:47 Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > I regard export>Lyx Archive tar.gz as a very handy feature of lyx.
>
> Hi - I agree IF it worked. I find that nothing but the .lyx file is
> included in the archive - no images, no bibs, no bst, no
> nothing.
>
> I assumed that the script would go through the lyx file
> and copy all images etc into the archive.
>
> Is that not how it is supposed to function?
>
> No errors are thrown, I get this message when I do the
> export to archive:
>
> LyX archive "xxx.tar.gz" created successfully, but the only
> file in the archive is the .lyx file.
>
> I think I am doing it wrong ...
>
> best wishes,

Just a few wild thoughts:
Do you have the figures of your document in the same directory as the lyx
file?
Could you save your lyx file under another name and try again?
Could you export the lyx file as latex (plain) and run on a terminal of this
directory

latex yourDocument.tex

three times and afterward

bibtex yourDocument.tex