On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Am 11.04.2014 17:45, schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
>
> Slightly off topic: I am trying to get umlaute in a Lilypond Lyx file,
> e.g.
> \markup {
> \vspace #1
>  \fontsize #1 {
> Sakura, sakura, der Frühlingshimmel,
>     }
> }
> The Umlaute ue is not displayed.
> I have tried various proposals made in the internet,
> but had no success -converting in a text editor into UTF8 before
> importing, using octal code ..
>
> Could somebody give me a solution?
>
> Wolfgang
>
> Recommended is to use a text editor which changes the coding to UTF8. I
> used jedit for it.
> However, inserting the text in the ERT of my lilypond lyx file did not
> help:
> The Umlaute (diacritics) e.g. ü = ue are not shown in the pdf output;
> instead the vowel is not shown at all, no space:
> Hügel (Huegel) is shown as Hgel.

Wolfgang, are you sure you are using a font that in fact includes the
proper glyph for the UTF8-addressed umlaut? If the pdf simply skips it,
there are a good chances it is a font-related issue.

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies         Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org