Currently I am running Ubuntu 13.10 with LyX 2.1.0. I seem to be having some
problems with some of the custom modules I usually load.
Actually I have two different problems
The first problem is that I seem to have lost the ability to use a custom
module (ShortInsertNames ). Typically, I will have Natbibapa, ShortInsetNames,
Rnw(knitr) & ToDo loaded. Now when I compile and even when I do Document > I am
getting an error, “Error reading ShortInsertNames when I try to load
ShortInsetNames. Both the ToDo and ShortInsetNames are in /home/john/.lyx.
Interestingly enough Short Label but not Short Ref appears in Custom Insets and
will insert an Undefined field in the document and I can compile the document.
The second problem is that whenever I try to compile a document with RnW(knitr)
loaded I get an error message saying
An error occurred while running: Rscript –verbose –no-save –no-restore
"/usr/share/lyx/scripts/lyxknitr.R"
"/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.qXaUOysc4933/lyx_tmpbuf4/""lists.footnotes.endnotes.Rnw"
"/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.qXaUOysc4933/lyx_tmpbuf4/""lists.footnotes.endnotes.tex"
ISO-8859-15 "/home/john/Lyx/"
This was occuring before the upgrade to 2.1.0 but there was no problem with
ShortInsertNames before the upgrade. A look at
/usr/share/lyx/scripts/lyxknitr.R says that that the file exists and when I
open it, it looks fine.
The worst of it is, I cannot think of any changes I made to my setup except I
added some Brother printer drivers to my Windows 7 setup (it's a dual-boot
machine).
I'd appreciate any suggestions for either problem. If I can get the blasted
ShortInsetNames to work again I can perhaps move the Rnw(knitr) problem to the
knitr group

I have attached a small example file.