*How to get your custom university thesis template to work:*

> This has been asked here before, and I will answer specific questions once
> you read the previous posts and wiki on how to do that. The wiki page on
> this can be found at:
> http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/Thesis
> One recent post from the mailing list is:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/82099
>
> Good luck, and please check back after trying the above.

I have one additional reference, and a correction to what I wrote
previously. The above link to the wiki is a list of example thesis
templates, not how to create one. The link for how to create a custom
layout from an existing style file is:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Layouts/CreatingLayouts

-Jacob