On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Samuel Gamtessa
<samuel.gamte...@uregina.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have encountered a strange problem that I never did before.
>
> The graphic files in .eps and .emf files are not properly read anymore,
> showing a message "error connecting to a readable format"
>
> I have never encountered this previously except that on a mac, I needed a
> separate software called "eps to pdf." I am working on a pc currently and I
> did not face this trouble previously.
>
> What might cause such a problem?

Hi Samuel,

I've never had this error on my Ubuntu pc, but I imagine as you do
that it's related to pdf2eps conversion. On Windows I'm not sure how
this is handled but you could try using a different conversion
program. Just let LyX what program you want to use. For example, see
the related thread here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg99091.html

Best,

Scott